The CSPC Board is seeking an Executive Director to take the organization to the next level.
The Board is seeking an experienced and visionary ED to oversee the coalition, a small statewide organization that focuses on empowering families and communities. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, staff and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Areas of Responsibility
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of administration, finance, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize board members, CSPC volunteers, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for a national roll-out.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain CSPC’s high-performance senior management team.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications with Support of the Board:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Design the statewide/national expansion of the PASO program, and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Be an external local and national presence; communicate program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
- The ED will be thoroughly committed to CSPC’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- At a minimum a BA, with at least 5 years of nonprofit experience in areas of social justice, working with traditionally underrepresented populations, early childhood education, and/or education field. Masters degree preferred.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach, manage, and develop high-performance teams; set and achieve strategic objectives; and manage a budget.
- Demonstrated experience in working with nonprofit Board of Directors, and ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Proven ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with funders, philanthropist, donors and stakeholders.
- Minimum 3 years experience and proven track record in grant writing and program development.
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
- Bilingual fluency in both Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of local community issues especially around education and workforce development .
This is a full-time, exempt position.
- Salary $50- 60k, based on experience and qualifications.
- Health, dental, vacation time, sick time and holiday pay offered.
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter demonstrating your qualifications for this opportunity, salary history/requirements, and list of 3 references electronically by 5:00pm, August 11th, 2017 to email@example.com
– NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE –
The Colorado Statewide Parent Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and seeks workforce diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, culture, gender, gender expression, military service, age, sexual orientation and physical abilities.